Sunday, July 3, 2011

Did Big Sean take it too far?


First off, I love Big Sean. He gives us "line after line after line after line after line… barcode" (See Supa Dupa Lemonade) and has potential to be a great rapper. While listening to his debut album Finally Famous, I was jamming out to every song; each one has its own unique vibe to it. As the song "High" featuring Wiz Khalifa and Chiddy Bang came on, I knew I was in for a treat. Based on the title, song length (4:20) and featured artists, I knew I was about to be listening to a smoking anthem. A few seconds in to the upbeat song,I was already enjoying myself. Then, as the first verse began, a shocking line came up. As a matter of fact, the rewind button had to be touched to make sure I heard that correctly. "Now I'm in the building like two planes bitch." Woah.... was that really a 9/11 reference in a song about being happy and high? I didn't know what to think, and actually still don't. This line seems to be one that could offend many, especially those who lost loved ones on that tragic day. On the other hand, the line is a very creative way to show his presence. So the question is, did Big Sean cross the line with this line or should the line be looked at with the playful tone that he intended for it to have? Any opinions should weigh in below!

1 comment:

  1. wow cool post, and nice blog.
    keep it up, i got ya back!
    +1 and following!

    ReplyDelete